May has been a little crazy. Of the runs in the park slash flight to France slash rosé et mauresque with Anna-Sarah (every single night) slash book writing slash turning my kitchen into a mess to the point of no return slash painting on porcelain plates kind.
The sky back home hasn’t been as blue as I remember it. But it’s ok. I know June will bring days at the beach and watercolours painted in the garden.
Yes, it promises all kinds of good.
The not so official June happy-list.
1. Finishing the manuscript for le petit cookbook. Yaay!
2. True Blood!!!!!* That’s all I have to say. And really, I can’t wait.
3. Cherries picked straight from a tree. And making a clafoutis too.
4. Days at the beach.
5. Painting too many illustrations** for the book.
6. And perhaps a photoshoot too with a photographer I love.
7. Finding an exciting job for when I’ll finally call London home again (ooh I so can’t wait to work in a kitchen again).
8. Kissing, of the French kind.
9. A slice of party cake. And fraisier too.
10. Taking part of this awesome project. I’m thrilled. Beyond words.
* Insert super-excited – almost squeaky – voice here.
** I could never paint enough. The most relaxing thing in my life. Not unlike kneading brioche dough by hand.
What’s your all kinds of good? Anything new and exciting?