Bonjour avril

[Hello April]

My weeks have been made of Sundays lately. And it really feels like walking with my eyes closed and crossing my fingers at every step I take.

Not unlike getting lost. Not unlike falling in love.

And to be honest, it was all making me a bit so-so. A bit outside of me; behind of me, really.

But I wrote into my moleskine. And I painted asparaguses (?) and a lonely beetroot.

And I had a gin and tonic, or two, but who’s counting? And I kissed him back of stairs made of stone.

And I talked to a friend over a glass of wine and a plate of manchego with those capers I’m so deeply fond of.

And I baked a loaf of brioche. And I fried some beignets too. And I’ve started writing the book that will keep me from feeling so-so ever again.

Yes, belated bonjour avril. And bonjour book. I love you already!

No list for this month. It’s a bit too late anyway, May is just around. And hopefully the beautiful days that are usually made of party confettis too.

Oh, just one more thing: I’m dying to try my friend Rachel’s chocolate mousse. One more thing on the to-do. One more gooood thing to be accurate. See you soon!

8 thoughts on “Bonjour avril

• Lucia April 23, 2012 at 8:07 am

Are you writing a book? A cookbook? If you are, I’m glad you are :-) Have a nice end of the month, full of chocolate mousse and asparaguses :-)

Yeeeees. But I will say more about the book later. Have a lovely end of April too. x

• ilaria April 23, 2012 at 8:40 am

i think it’s asparagi.
    Good luck!

Thanks Ilaria. I really didn’t know and felt too lazy to look it up on google. Haha. xx

• Chris April 23, 2012 at 11:08 am

Hi Fanny, it’s great to see the process behind you’re beautiful illustrations. Fingers crossed for May.

Also, you’re writing a book? What a news! ;)

• A. April 24, 2012 at 11:07 am

such a gorgeous watercolor! it’s been raining a lot here too. let’s keep our fingers crossed…

• frances April 25, 2012 at 12:16 am

Mystery solved, felicitations! Wishing you much satisfaction with peace and quiet and watercolours x

Merci! Thank you so much Frances for all your amazingly kind words throughtout the past years. It really means a lot to me. xx

• la tavola toscana April 25, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Hi Fanny,
    when you’ll come back to pastry recipes? I miss the older posts about cakes and choux… :-(

• christelle is flabbergasting April 29, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Alors, j’ai lu ton billet quand tu l’as publié. Je ne pouvais pas commenter sur le moment, mais je me suis dit “whaaaat??? A cookbook by Fanny? AWE-SO-ME ! Je dois revenir pour commenter, pour la questionner !?! ”

Et genre, je me suis dit ça a peu près tous les jours depuis…

Et là je reviens et donc :

“WHATACOOKBOOKOMAGAD!!!!!??!!! Tell me more, tell me mooooore!”
    (et bravo ! )(et félicitations !)(c’est merveilleux !)

• Cindy April 30, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Je suis contente que ton beau projet avance. J’espère qu’on retrouvera certaines de tes illustrations dans ton livre. Cà change des photos ultra léchées et c’est tellement plus poétique! :)
    See you!