Hello, it’s 32°C out there.
This morning I went swimming. One last time before the French holidays come to an end.
Oh, this past month has been great. I’ve been enjoying the summer I never got this summer. I’ve been swimming and underwater-somersaulting. I’ve been jumping from reading those words. I’ve been spending long hours redesigning comme un lait fraise. I’ve been making chocolate cakes every other day. And giving more hugs and kisses than I thought I could.
Tonight, I will be in London. Hopefully under a rain coming from the trees – the best kind of rain, if you ask me. And with golden leaves on the pavement.
Yes, I’m looking forward to a proper autumn. In autumn this time, please.
The not-so official October happy-list could actually be very short this month. And perhaps, would go along the lines of: pumpkins and mushrooms and chestnuts. That’s all.
1. Making that garlic bread again.
2. The glow of rain drops under street lights.
3. Michelin guide! And really, I could have written Miiiiiiichelin guide and added a high-pitched voice.
4. Sharing one of my favourite chocolate cake. Nigella called it quadruple chocolate loaf for a reason.
5. Writing about apples and vanilla, for the market. And eating some too!
6. This cookie cutter. I’ve found a spot for it, on my bed-side table.
7. Mushroom soup. For dinners on the sofa.
8. Wearing a white jacket again. And an apron too.
9. Pumpkin risotto. With sage, perhaps.
10. Burning my fingers on roasted chestnuts. The ones held in a newspaper cone. And eaten through a walk at the park.
What are your three words for this October? And, of course, what are you looking forward to?