PS. Just a breakfast…

It might be safe to say that, in a perfect world, this would be my breakfast. Everyday.

That week in Fouras possibly was the closest I could get to perfection. A perfection that tasted damn good. Especially with a sprinkle of vanilla sugar.

Perhaps, it was just a breakfast. But it certainly didn’t feel like a just kind of one.

Have a lovely week-end. And please, do treat yourself with your very favourite breakfast. Which is… (pssss, let me know!)

13 thoughts on “PS. Just a breakfast…

• Zo @ Two Spoons September 24, 2011 at 2:03 am

Just enjoyed your delicious cornbread for brunch. I used peas instead of corn and added the chilli to the batter as well as some chipotle flakes. Then topped it with cherry tomatoes and chevre. Phew. Feeling very good about life right now!

• Virginie September 24, 2011 at 7:19 am

Mon parfait petit déj’: c’est quand je fais des galettes de blé noir, j’en garde pour le lendemain et je les mange froides avec de la confitures de mûres. (Bon, ici je suis obligée de l’acheter, dommage mais c’est bon quand même!) Ca me rappelle mon enfance. :D

My perfect brekkie: when I make the breton buckwheat pancakes, I keep some for the next morning and eat them cold filled with some blackberry jam. Yum! It reminds me of childhood.:D

• Ilaria September 24, 2011 at 8:00 am

Ricotta pancakes with blueberries, coffee and my husband with me :)

• Frances September 24, 2011 at 6:53 pm

I thought it was a banana until I looked more closely. Weekday breafast = banana porridge or smoothie. Weekend breakfast = foolproof banana pancakes. Coincidentally with my lovely flatmate Ilaria!

Bon weekend x

• Veronica September 24, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Hi Fanny! At the moment my favourite breakfast is strong black tea with multi-grain toasted bread and seville marmelade… sooo british! =o)

• sooishi September 26, 2011 at 9:57 am

C’est beau!
    ça m’a donné très envie d’y goûter en tout cas :)

• Delphine September 26, 2011 at 10:23 am

Hmmmm ! Mon petit déjeuner favori en ce moment c’est une bonne tranche de brioche avec de la confiture, du nutella, du sirop d’érable, et un bon jus frais ou un smoothie ! Plein de vitamines pour affronter l’automne ! Je te souhaite une bonne journée !
    Bises !

• Virginie September 26, 2011 at 10:33 pm

I have to revise my post because I have just found the perfect commercialised jam. Almost like homemade, not quite like the one I use to make with my mum but good, really good. Thank you New Zealand, as usual your products are the best. Anathoth Jams. Yummy!

• Lucia September 27, 2011 at 4:29 pm

My favourite breakfast are simple, classic pancakes with maple syrup on top. And my boyfriend near me, his smell of rain on my skin.

• lise September 28, 2011 at 3:18 am

oh oh oh oh LOVE your posts! this is soo good.
    it’s a happy reading time!
    xo
    so look forward to your posts!

• Emma September 28, 2011 at 9:59 am

I love breakfast. A favourite to me is simple – good sourdough bread, toasted with butter and cherry jam and a pot of tea.

Thanks for sharing your favourite breakfasts. I love a bit of morning inspiration!

Zo, the corn(pea)bread sounds delish!

Virginie, j’ai achete de la farine de blenoir dans l’espoir d’en faire un gateau, mais faute de temps elle est restee dans le placard! Peut-etre demain…

Ilaria and Frances, would you have a spot for me in your flat. It seems like the dream-life!

M., tu devrais. Je sais que la charente-maritime n’a rien a envier a la Suisse, mais c’est super joli et le beurre et les fromages y sont delicieux.

• Josje October 28, 2011 at 11:44 am

My favorite breakfast is a homemade smoothie made from any kind of dairy (milk, yoghurt, buttermilk, or even fromage frais), any kind of fruit and a little cereal. Sometimes I add some cinnamon or mint. And then I have half of it at home and pour the rest of it in a bottle to drink it on bike on my way to work. People think I’m crazy, but I love it.

I also thought your’s was a banana, and now I am really curious what it is, please tell me! :)

• like a strawberry milk » The daily fix February 27, 2012 at 9:02 pm

[…] in Fouras. And really, how could I be there and not tell you about les jonchées (although, I have before; and not just once)? I don’t think I’m fooling anyone. I’m still […]