More than ever, this year, june feels like a new start. A kiss goodbye under the rain. Metaphorically and literally.
Also the first time I won’t be able to wish my grand-father his birthday.
May has been lovely. And way too fast.
I still have to tell you about France. And everything that happened there. From our days at the beach to the most perfect lunch; from feeling the water on our skins to the 180 pictures we took.
But before that, we have to celebrate. Celebrate the month that will bring us summer – this time of the year onto which we look back as an old album of happy memories.
The not so official June happy-list.
1. Crumpets for breakfast.
2. Looking at the images from my holidays in France.
3. Looking forward.
4. The scent of my sister’s skin.
5. Witnessing cherry trees turning into red jewels.
6. Three months – already! – of what I will consider the most challenging restaurant experience of my life.
7. The morning emails from my parents.
8. Pimms and lemonade.
9. Late night dinners at home, with friends.
10. Strawberries. Of the English kind.
Oh yes, I can foresee the happy future of those beautiful strawberries. More to come soon.
What will your month of June look like? Or at least, what do you want it to look like?