Almost wordless – Mandarine soup in a crisp dark chocolate tube

A mandarine soup that tastes better than bitting into the real fruit. The crunch of dark chocolate.

I always seem to think I don’t like citrus and chocolate. But I do.

And this experiment would taste delicious with a quenelle of ricotta mousse and a couple of almost-candied kumquats. Perhaps a few cubes of olive oil sponge. And a sprinkle of roasted pinenuts, possibly caramelised.

8 thoughts on “Almost wordless – Mandarine soup in a crisp dark chocolate tube

• Esther February 16, 2011 at 7:40 pm

the bottom photo looks like an angry fried egg… to me :D a beautiful, angry, fried sunny-side up egg. sounds amazing! I wish I still had the time and money for experiments like these, but alas, being an art student doens’t leave you with much…

• christelle is flabbergasting February 16, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Incroyable, j’ai écrit ce même mot “quenelle de mousse de ricotta” dans une recette hier ! Les photos au Pentax : bioutifoul.

• AndrewC February 16, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Dear god, woman! How?! That’s beautiful. Chocolate and citrus is a wonderful combination ^_^

• Aïda February 16, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Deja c’est magnifique, et en plus ca a l’air bon bon bon! Digne d’un grand chef un peu.
    Et j’aime bien la premiere photo, elle est digne de moi. :)

• StuSmith February 17, 2011 at 7:56 am

how delightful!
    makes me think of a super souped up Jaffa Cake.

• Nicky February 17, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Love your new blog, Fanny, especially the illustrations! I still remember your very first posts – it’s amazing, how your style has evolved. And your pastry, too :)

• Stephanie February 22, 2011 at 3:57 pm

citrus and chocolate is my favorite combination, even above peanut butter and chocolate. I think it reminds me of my childhood, so it serves as comfort food. And I agree with Esther above…the bottom photo DOES sort of look like an angry fried egg (in a good way). Beautiful photographs once again.

• Amy February 23, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Hey Fanny! I love your new blog. The drawings are gorgeous.
    Amy