A six heures, ce matin

[Six o’clock in the morning]

This morning, too early for people to be awake and too late for party-bunnies to be asleep, the pavement seemed covered in snow.

Glitters, cigarette ends and confetti that would shine to the subtle glow offered by lamp poles. The ones with the Chanel monograms.

Yes, a new year had begun.

Technically, it started on a night made of loudness and bloody maries. But for us, it really felt like the beginning when we woke up to silence and the smell of rain, with crêpes in mind. We went downstairs – to the kitchen – and had hot chocolates. Not of the instant kind.

And crêpes. My very favourite recipe. The one we made for la chandeleur at pâtisserie Lac. It calls brown-butter and vanilla seeds. And those words will be a reminder: it’s the sort of recipes that should be shared. Soon.

Things seemed so evident. The perfect way to start the year, which I hope will bring us many moonboots happy-dances and laughs so intense, that before we realise it, we already have tears in our eyes.

And I guess it makes sense to welcome you to the party. It will be a nice one. Filled with food to be eaten, places to be discovered, memories to be remembered.
Rather obviously, some time is needed to turn it into a cosy place, but I’m working on it. Slowly, mostly because my hands are covered in the melted chocolate oozing from the crêpes.

13 thoughts on “A six heures, ce matin

• christelle is flabbergasting January 2, 2011 at 1:21 am

(C’est excitant. Le premier commentaire sur un tout nouveau blog. Attends, je passe la main dans mes cheveux et je lisse les plis de ma robe… je veux pas dire de bêtises).

“Moi aussi je voulais des crêpes ce matin (les citron-choco de chez José) (aucune motivation pour les faire moi-même)… et juste félicitations pour ta nouvelle île Fanny!”

Autant te dire que la realisation des crepes a ete plus que difficile. Une bonne trentaine de minutes pour seulement quelques crepes. mais le plaisir y etait. xx

• Sue in Canada January 2, 2011 at 3:03 am

Love the look of your new cosy place!

• callie grayson January 2, 2011 at 5:00 am

wishing you much happiness on your new adventure!!
    xx
    callie

ps brown butter and vanilla seed crepes are my favorite of favorites! please share your recipe soon please

Hi Callie, I will, I will, I will. The best crepes in the world. x

• Leah January 2, 2011 at 5:26 am

Excited to follow all your new adventures here. A very happy new year to you and yours!

~Leah
    (http://simplesplendidthings.wordpress.com/)

• Y January 2, 2011 at 7:23 am

Congrats on the new digs. Looking forward to continue following your exciting adventures :)

• Parigote January 2, 2011 at 11:05 am

Heureuse de te retrouver par ici !
    Je te souhaite une très belle année très gourmande à l’image d’une crêpe aumônière qui recèlerai pleins de bonnes surprises à l’intérieur !

• My Little Expat Kitchen January 2, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Congratulations on the new blog! It will be cosy in no time with your wonderful recipes and stories.
    Have a Happy New Year!
    Magda

• Veronique January 2, 2011 at 2:07 pm

of course I’ll follow you and your new adventures.
    Congratulations for the blog, it’s supreme….

• cathy January 2, 2011 at 10:45 pm

being out of town is nice, but it means i’ve got some MAJOR blog catching up to do! i think i was on the 8th or 10th bauble on foodbeam… boy have things changed since then. but either way, i LOVE it! once i catch up i’ll leave a proper comment <3 bon debut d'année!

• Mary January 3, 2011 at 8:06 am

New and old things at a new place, same but different. I like it. I’m sure it will become cosy very soon! Although I am going to miss the flamingo that graced Foodbeam.. :)

Looking forward to your future posts and the recipe for your crepes. I love the smell of brown butter.

• Sylee January 3, 2011 at 9:48 am

Pure magic — I can’t wait to see how it all unfolds.

• Silvia January 3, 2011 at 11:08 am

Fanny…i love you!!Why? Because you move me….
    i will follow you

• Lucia April 22, 2011 at 5:02 pm

The very beginning always begins with silence. And mornings,and crepes.

I’ve just discovered your new, already cosy, place.